Saturday 19 October 2013

Puffball Floral

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

I present to you today a look I've been wearing for the past few days, and which I only just took off rather begrudgingly...


I took a lot of pictures of it.


It was inspired by @celinedoesnails on Instagram, though her flowers look a lot more like flowers and a lot less like some sort of Dr. Seussian fluffball, as here.


The base for this manicure was three easy, beautiful coats of Kryptonite. I tried a photo in direct light to try to catch the holo particles, but it didn't work so well. Just know that all the little flecks of white are in fact rainbow in real life:


The rest of the design is acrylic paint.


Weird puffballs they may be, but I kind of like 'em!


Polishes used:
piCture pOlish - Kryptonite
butter LONDON - Nail Foundation (base coat)
la couleur couture - 2013 (top coat)
acrylic paints
tiny detail brush

Hopefully I'll have something more seasonal for you tomorrow (I am posting this from the past-- ooOOOooo -- and I therefore have no idea yet how hungover I'll be tomorrow). ;)

xo,

J.

5 comments:

  1. No!!! Before you talked about your inspiration I actually thought they were Dr. Seussian ball like flowers! You kidding?! Love them! Even more because of that reminiscence! :)
    And your choice of Kryptonite for the background? That's where you really nailed it! Love the amazonian exotic feeling it adds to the fluffly flowers - almost out of this galaxy <3 LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mina, this is the sweetest comment ever! I'm grinning ear to ear! Thank you so much, and I'm SO glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONLY WHEN YOU DO

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS